Thursday, September 18, 2008

The drive to San Jose

I drove straight through leaving at 4:11 am and arriving at 5:30 pm. The drive was uneventful. I did go through Lake havasu (sp) City and passed the London Bridge. The lake and surrounding area is beautiful. I thought that the route I was taking would send me through minimal mountain passes. I was wrong!! As I was taking the western routes from I-5 they were all mountain passes. My ears were popping as I was going up and down in elevation. The scenery was fantastic but I was worried about my car. But relieved when it had no problems.
The weather here is much cooler than Phoenix. I had to wear a sweater last night. I think I will miss the heat. I do miss not being able to enjoy my new home. I have only lived there for 6 months. But new things await me and I will still go home on holidays and vacations.
This morning I am off to meet everyone at Heald College

No comments: