I have often wondered why I now have a job in California and not in Arizona. I tried for over 6 weeks to get a full time job in the Phoenix area. All I saw were contract positions of 3 - 6 months with a possibility of being brought on full time if they like you. I just can not do that anymore. I need security where I know I will have a job to go to after that time. I just can not keep dealing with having to look for work after my contract is up.
On Friday I asked Jen to tell me if I did the right thing, moving here to California and taking this new job. She said that maybe the job was offerred to me because now I can concentrate on making a difference for others. To help them finally get out of their environment and suceed in life. To better themselves by going to school and then getting a job. For them to finally realize that there is something better out there. I will admit I am now back into a position that is based on my bachelors and I know I will be very good at. I will be teaching and I definately enjoy that. The supervisory part will be ok also. But I will be very busy.
I still miss my house and Arizona. I put so much work into the house and I now can not even enjoy that. What about my children? Bart called and told me he thought I was crazy for moving again. But when I told him the circumstances he accepted the move and said that was probably the right thing to do.John called me last week. He was at the Phoenix airport waiting for a connecting flight back to Kansas. I missed another opportunity to see him. He leaves for Iraq in about a week. Sarah has been real good with my move. She did say she wants to come to see the AZ house and we will have to schedule time when both of us can be in AZ. She did say the flight would be costly when all of them come so it might be awhile before she can make the trip.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment